Our values are those of integrity, transparency, partnership, openness, and mutual respect, all generated from our commitment to the principles of human rights, democracy, tolerance, freedom and equality.
- Raising awareness among citizens and civil society and encouraging them to play an active role in the democratic transformation process;
- Working with European Union institutions, international organisations and interest groups to strengthen respect for citizens’ rights and freedoms;
- Promote intercultural dialogue, mutual understanding and tolerance;
- Establishing networks as a tool for political, economic, academic, social and cultural actors;
- Spread objective information to the general public.
The overarching aim of ForMENA is to position itself at a cutting edge of the MENA affairs in Europe. At the same time, ForMENA would be a reliable tool for citizens and civil society to deepen their understanding of the on-going political and democratic transitions, cultural sensitivities, as well as economic and social challenges in the MENA region. In this regard, ForMENA will focus on the following key objectives:
- Position ForMENA as a leading organisation by fostering initiatives and projects addressing MENA affairs in the European public sphere.
- Contribute to developing better political, economic, social and cultural conditions in the MENA region.
- Enhance ForMENA’s visibility as an active organisation in the field of democracy, dialogue and development.